Please see this PDF for my UAS Curriculum Vitae, current as of July 2020 | jl_cv_2020
Certificate in OER Librarianship, 2019 Open Textbook Network.
MFA, 2018 Creative Writing and Literary Arts, University of Alaska Anchorage
Master’s Thesis: What Turtle Blood Tastes Like (poetry manuscript) and “Subverting Sentimentality in the Poetry of Parenthood,’ (critical essay)
Supervisor: Erin Coughlin Hollowell
MS, 2008 Library and Information Science, Drexel University
BGS, 2003 General Studies (Interdisciplinary Liberal Arts), University of Michigan
Public Services Librarian, Associate Professor
Egan Library, University of Alaska Southeast, Juneau, AK 8/2017-present
Public Services Librarian, Assistant Professor
Egan Library, University of Alaska Southeast, Juneau, AK 1/2013-7/2017
– Provide leadership and advocacy for open education at UAS through the Alt-Textbook Project, present on open education topics and lead workshops for faculty on OER, provide support for faculty adoption/conversion of OER and publication support as needed.
– Serve on WICHE Western Academic Leadership Forum Regional OER Exploratory Committee at the request of Dr. Karen Carey, UAS Provost and OER Exploratory Committee Chair.
– Participate in the Kwantlen Polytechnic University 2018 Faculty Learning Community on Open Pedagogy.
– Serve on library management team and in campus-wide strategic planning.
– Head of Circulation and Interlibrary Loan services and staff including daily operations, statistics, hiring, training and evaluation of Circulation Supervisor and ILL/Public Services Assistant (2 FTE).
– Serve as subject liaison for School of Career Education, Natural Sciences Department and interim Liaison to the Humanities Department (Fall 2016) and School of Education (summer terms).
Electronic Services + Outreach Librarian
Juneau Public Libraries, Juneau, AK 8/2010-12/2012
– Served as part of the management team, lead strategic planning and visioning process working toward construction of a new library facility.
– Managed collection development, user access and configuration for all subscription electronic (online) resources and served on adult materials selection committee
– Provided outreach (marketing) and training to staff and the public in the use of these e-resources.
– Project coordinator for eRate telecom subsidy and the Alaska OWL Project.
– In collaboration with the Programming Librarian, researched and facilitated visiting authors, video conference programs, community writing workshops and other public programs.
– Managed budgets ($50,000) related to online resources, marketing and public programming.
– Served on several statewide committees (AK Statewide Databases, Electronic Resource Managers of Alaska and OWL Advisory Board) working toward effective collaboration and resource sharing between libraries of all types.
Library assistant + Reference Librarian
Cedar Mill Community Library, Cedar Mill, OR 4/2010-8/2010
Alaska State Historical Library, Juneau, AK 4/2009-8/2009
Temporary Reference Librarian
University of Alaska Southeast Library, Juneau, AK 2009
Assistant Library Technician
Juneau Public Libraries, Juneau, AK 4/2005-8/2009
PROFESSIONAL & PUBLIC SERVICE
Alaska Library Association (AKLA), Member
American Library Association, Member
Association of College and Research Libraries, Member
Pacific Northwest Library Association Leadership Academy: Mentor, 2017
Digital Public Library of America (DPLA), Community Rep Inaugural Class 2014-2016
UAS Alt-Textbook (OER and affordability) Project lead. (2016-Present)
Egan Library Senator on Faculty Senate (AY 2018, AY 2019).
UAS General Education Assessment, “Critical Thinking’ team. (2018)
Lamb, J. (2018). “Let’s begin at the end: How a campus bookstore closure set the wheels in motion for a hybrid OER project’ in Kristi Jensen & Shane Nackerud [Eds.], The Evolution of Affordable Content Efforts in the Higher Education Environment: Programs, Case Studies, and Examples. Minneapolis: University of Minnesota Libraries Publishing Services. https://doi.org/10.24926/86666.0101
Ainsworth, B., Allen, N., Dai, J., Elder, A., Finkbeiner, N., Freeman, A., Hare, S., Helge, K., Helregel, N., Hoover, J., Kirschner, J., Perrin, J., Ray, J., Raye, J., Reed, M., Schoppert, J., & Thompson, L. (2020). Marking Open and Affordable Courses: Best Practices and Case Studies. Mavs Open Press. https://uta.pressbooks.pub/markingopenandaffordablecourses/chapter/effects-of-course-marking-initiatives/
Open Pedagogy Show & Tell, University of Alaska Southeast Faculty Convocation, Juneau, AK, August 2019.
How Google Works, University of Alaska Southeast Kids2College event, May 2019.
OER 101 & OER Consultation for Title III Grant, University of Alaska Southeast Sitka Campus, Sitka, AK, November 2018.
Getting Started with Accessibility Features, University of Alaska Southeast AARP TEC (Technology, Education and Confidence) event, May 2018.
Teaching with Wikipedia (with Megan Watson), University of Alaska Southeast Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning (CELT), April 2018.
CELT and the Alt-Textbook Project (with Megan Watson and Erin Laughlin), University of Alaska Southeast Faculty Convocation, Juneau, AK , August 2017.
UAS Alt-Textbook Project Workshop (pilot faculty development series, with Jennifer Ward), University of Alaska Southeast, Juneau, AK, May 2016.
Open Access Publishing and Textbook Alternatives (with Jennifer Ward), University of Alaska Southeast, School of Education Faculty Meeting, Juneau, AK, February, 2016.
Open Access Publishing and Textbook Alternatives (with Jennifer Ward), University of Alaska Southeast, Spring Startup, Juneau, AK, January 2016.
The Digital Public Library of America and Academic Libraries: How the DPLA Advances Teaching, Learning, and Research (with Michael Paulus, Jr, Kristen Yarmey, Kathryn Shaughnessy, and Emily Gore), Association of College and Research Libraries, April 2015. https://bit.ly/acrlDPLA
The Digital Public Library of America and the 3 Ps. Jonas Lamb, Alaska Library Association Annual Conference, Juneau, AK, February 2015.
AWARDS & GRANTS
Visiting Open Education Scholar, Kwantlen Polytechnic University (Spring 2020)
Selected to participate in the inaugural cohort (2019) of the Open Textbook Network’s Certificate in Open Educational Resources (OER) Librarianship (funded by a Laura Bush 21st Century Librarian Program grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services (RE-70-17-0073-17). Press release.
Selected as one of 8 mentors to co-facilitate the Pacific Northwest Library Association (PNLA) Leadership academy, Port Townsend, WA October 2017. All costs paid for by PNLA and a grant from the Alaska State Library.
Co-Author of UAS 2017 proposal to the Department of Education, Title III Strengthening Institutions grant, “AxÌ± toowÃº latseenÃxÌ± has sitee (They are my inner strength): Creating An Indigenous Knowledge Center’. Not-awarded.
UAS Academic Innovation Fund award for UAS Alt-Textbook Project Workshop (Spring, 2016).
Co-Author of the UAS 2015 proposal to the Department of Education, Title III Strengthening Institutions grant, “Connecting to Place: Enhancing Student Experiences at UAS, First Year and Beyond’. Not-awarded.
Selected as Inaugural Class of Community Reps for the Digital Public Library of America (2014).
Selected as one of 6 Alaska participants to attend the Pacific Northwest Library Association (PNLA) Leadership academy, Port Townsend, WA October 2013. All costs paid for by grant from the Alaska State Library and Alaska Library Association.
- Library Science 220 | Internet & Society, Fall 2020
- English 491 | Cultural Programming, Collections and Current Trends & Practices in Libraries (org supervisor), Spring 2019
- Humanities 491 | One Campus, One Book Internship (org supervisor), Spring 2016
- Humanities 120 | A Sense of Place in Alaska & Beyond, Fall 2014
- Library and Information Literacy Instruction in Natural Sciences and Health Sciences courses, 2013-20
- Library and Information Literacy Instruction in Humanities and Education courses (interim), 2016-20